Wednesday 11 May 2016

Teesha Moore Patches #2.

I've kinda been on a patch making spree so far this week, trying out different ways to assembling them and different ways of designing them. I CANNOT STOP. 


I don't really have much to say about this one...it's a patch? I might go back and add more embellishment. It's not quite popping for me yet.


The picture is a bit shiny but that's a Shonen Knife pick that I bought when I saw them in Manchester. It's been sitting in my oddments box for years but now I'll be able to use it in a way that I can enjoy a lot more. 


I traced the embroidery after I stuffed the pillow. Not the best way but definitely a more Teesha way.


This one I really love. It came out exactly how I wanted it.


This was made from part of an old pyjama top, hellyeah for recycling! I did want to embroider a mouth but the fur pile is way too dense. I'm not sure if this is entirely finished...if there are sew on pet noses with whiskers then I'm getting one to finish him off. 


And finally, the googly eyed ghosts! I freaking love googly eyes and they work so well here. The rest is just basic embroidery and a little black butterfly sequin. 

I also made a patch for a tag game on Swapbot but forgot to take a picture. Oops. I saved the templates I used so I might make some 'sister' patches for the one I sent away. I was reluctant to part with the patch but the fact it's going to America (like Father Ted! Haha.) to be enjoyed by someone else is really awesome. Also, I'm pretty sure if I keep up this pace I'll be buried under patches within a month...


No comments:

Post a Comment