Wednesday 18 May 2016

Swapbot May 2016.

I left swapbot around three years ago for a few reasons, it's not a perfect site (in fact, one of my first return swaps has seen me having to send to a confirmed scammer/multi-profiler because even though it was reported, the scammer was just partially suspended) but it's full of really wonderful, creative people and it's a real boost to be surrounded and interacting with like-minded people.

The only real unpleasantness so far (apart from that scammer...) is how expensive postage has gotten! I posted a tea swap yesterday and three of the envies went to Germany...£2.45 each! I posted two out of EU packages and they were £3.15 each. Ouch! I'll have to be very selective with my swaps in the future...

But of course it's all worth it when...


Something exciting arrives! I signed up for a chocolate swap (£4.75 to post to the USA, eep!) and this was from my partner...


Caramel chocolate! Dark/milk chocolate! I love the packaging design too. My partner was very generous and included some notepaper and this adorable postcard which she used to write a quick note to me. What I really loved about this package is that I loved all these things but I probably wouldn't have chosen them myself, if that makes sense? That's the reason I returned to swap bot. 

I've sent off quite a few swaps now but those have mostly been small bought items, I did send off this yesterday though:


It's for the Unusual Holidays June TM patch swap! It's to celebrate International Sushi Day (June 18th) and I based it on the local sushi place (Yo Sushi!). Oishii is a variation on saying 'delicious!' in Japanese. I didn't notice the dragon fabric was upside down until I nearly finished...but I think it gives a slightly sinister Pee Wee playhouse vibe to this sushi bar. Upside down dragons, sushi with eyes and the fact all the sushi is the most expensive plate...truly a bizarre place. I hope my partner likes it!



No comments:

Post a Comment