Tuesday 10 May 2016

Teesha Moore Patches #1.

Hello!

I've wanted to make some Teesha Moore patches for a while and this weekend, I did. I was impatient to get started so I only watched halfway through the tutorial so if I've missed something major...oh, well, I think mine turned out okay.

This is what I ended up with following (well, sort of) the TM tutorial:


I like it, though I was unsure until I attached the butterfly sequins. I wonder if I slightly overfilled my pillows (another personal flaw, generous to a fault. :3) because without embellishments all over, it just looked weirdly lumpy in parts. I also found it difficult to embroider as smoothly as I'd like. I do like that it isn't perfect and that I'm okay with that...but I dunno. 

Then I tried making a patch a neater way:


I can't remember how I came into possession of a cent piece but I did so I thought I'd use it here. I bought some clear plastic table top protector and used a vinyl/leather needle. Then applied the beads, then the embroidery. This was all just on the fabric and a layer of quilt batting. When I was done (and I was sorely tempted to add sequins...) I stitched a 1/4 inch line around it to secure the backing, then folded over and embroidered it. 

I like this style for for the ease of embellishment but I miss the puffiness of the first one. Argh! I feel like freaking Goldielocks here. I've signed up for a TM patch swap on swapbot and I think I'll use this method mainly because I want to do a fair bit of embellishment and end up with a 'neater' product to present. Even though the whole point of TM is to be perfectly imperfect, I'm not perfectly imperfect enough yet...

Maybe soon though.


No comments:

Post a Comment