Wednesday 18 May 2016

Every Last Scrap.


I made a fabric yarn ball. All the long skinny fabric bits just knotted together. Once I have enough, I'll knit a mat. I really want to try the t-shirt yarn making method now. 


Just before my machine finally gave up (rest in peace, tiny machine!) I started this patch. I was going to add some beads saying 'believe' but I think it feels complete this way. 


Seeing as I'm starting to grow a nice collection of patches, I thought I should start on a bag framework. This is one of the side panels. I used cotton batting because I want each side to be the same size and this is the easiest way. I want to keep them somewhat simple because all the fun stuff will be on either front side. The bottom panel will be demin, just for toughness. 


On Monday, I realised we had some yogurt and eggs that were close to going off so I made this recipe substituting Greek yogurt for banana and custard flavoured yogurt and adding chocolate chips. I definitely try hard not to waste food (and to be fair, everyone in this house loves food so there's no excuse!) so it makes me very happy when I can save produce and make something delicious.

On the subject of my machine...I've had it for over five years and it was very much a beginners machine and probably never meant for so much use but it has always tried to do as I ask. It would have cost almost half what its original price to fix and I've wanted to take a step up the machine ladder for a while so I bought a replacement.

 I do feel like it's the sewing machine equivalent of that Simpsons episode where Bart orders a schmancy catalog dog leaving Santa's Little Helper in the cold but...that's not even that great an episode so I think I can live with it. :3 



No comments:

Post a Comment